Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold can be one of the most challenging threats for homes and businesses in Oakland. Much of these concerns develop from unchecked and unresolved moisture concerns happening in the house. Roof damages that allow water penetration into an attic, for instance, can result in the appropriate conditions to develop and spread mold colonies. With a team of professionally trained and accredited Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT), our SERVPRO team is ready for mold remediation and removal to get your home back to preloss condition.
How Does Remediation Work for West Oakland Homes?
Removing active colonies requires multiple approaches and practices. With a general contractor license #937457, we can provide homeowners with repairs and reconstruction necessary after a mold loss event. However, we can also construct physical containment barriers for work zones to prevent the spread and movement of microbes and microorganisms during remediation. Choosing the right approach to remove active colonization in these isolated areas best involves an inspection by our competent crew chief. Some of the most common remediation choices are:
- Antimicrobial surface cleaning
- Hand and power sanding
- Dry ice/media blasting
- Controlled demolition
Is Mold Odor Removal Possible?
Odors can often indicate active colonization as a warning sign and linger behind after remediation to be an obstacle for comfortable living. We have several deodorization strategies that can resolve these threats to your home and life, beginning with the deployment of mobile units like thermal foggers and stationary tools like air scrubbers.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (510) 599-9300
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of West Oakland?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (510) 599-9300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of West Oakland is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Oakland community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.