Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold can be one of the most challenging threats for homes and businesses in Oakland. Much of these concerns develop from unchecked and unresolved moisture concerns happening in the house. Roof damages that allow water penetration into an attic, for instance, can result in the appropriate conditions to develop and spread mold colonies. With a team of professionally trained and accredited Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT), our SERVPRO team is ready for mold remediation and removal to get your home back to preloss condition.
How Does Remediation Work for West Oakland Homes?
Removing active colonies requires multiple approaches and practices. With a general contractor license #937457, we can provide homeowners with repairs and reconstruction necessary after a mold loss event. However, we can also construct physical containment barriers for work zones to prevent the spread and movement of microbes and microorganisms during remediation. Choosing the right approach to remove active colonization in these isolated areas best involves an inspection by our competent crew chief. Some of the most common remediation choices are:
- Antimicrobial surface cleaning
- Hand and power sanding
- Dry ice/media blasting
- Controlled demolition
Is Mold Odor Removal Possible?
Odors can often indicate active colonization as a warning sign and linger behind after remediation to be an obstacle for comfortable living. We have several deodorization strategies that can resolve these threats to your home and life, beginning with the deployment of mobile units like thermal foggers and stationary tools like air scrubbers.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (510) 599-9300
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of West Oakland?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (510) 599-9300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of West Oakland is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.