House Fire Clean-Up in West Oakland
The culprit in this house fire damaging event was an improperly maintained fireplace. The hearth and flue were filled with creosote, a combustion by-product that can ignite and cause unhealthy air quality. Our SERVPRO team cleaned up the sooty deposits from porous surface maters and vacuumed to remove powdery residues. We can use special sponges and detergents to minimize any smearing during the wipe down to reduce the need to repaint walls and ceilings. We are almost complete in the Photo showing the hearth; a light dry ice pellet blasting can remove the carbonized layer on the brick without causing damage or wetting the material. We complete the project by cleaning the air using air scrubbers and a hydroxyl generator. We can then spray a mildly pleasant deodorizing product into the HVAC system.