Stormwater Removal with SERVPRO in West Oakland Gets Results
Never leave stormwater removal up to DIY methods alone – Call SERVPRO to your West Oakland property!
Rather a neighborhood than a stand-alone city, West Oakland is situated up in the northwestern area of Oakland, California. Looking back in time, the land that West Oakland resides on was granted in 1820 to Luis Maria Peralta.
The Loma Prieta Earthquake of 1989
During the devastating Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989, there was a collapse of the Cypress Freeway that took the lives of 42 people. West Oakland residents and rescue teams worked tirelessly to save as many people as possible, but the tragedy was too immense. Once the freeway was gone, locals resisted efforts for a rebuild, and gentrification started to take place in the West Oakland area. Warehouses got turned into art studios, pedestrian paths got put in, new gardens were installed, and older Victorian homes in the area started to get refurbished.
No matter where you go in the West Oakland area, you will always find various landmarks and historical sites to visit. This makes the region just right for taking a tour or spending a few days to take in some of the most notable points of interest, such as:
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jack London Square
- Oracle Arena
- The Cathedral of Christ the Light
- USS Potomac
- Oakland California Temple
- Bay Bridge Trail
Exploring Some of the Best West Oakland, California, Neighborhoods
It goes without saying that West Oakland is a diverse area with plenty of things to see and do. If you are looking to relocate to the region, it is best to get to know some of the neighborhoods, including:
- Dogtown – This neighborhood in West Oakland was given the name years ago by local police due to the large stray dog population in the 1980s.
- Oakland Point – Also known as Gibbons’ Point, this is a small neighborhood along the eastern shore and now home to the Port of Oakland shipping terminal.
- Ghosttown – This neighborhood was given the 15th spot on the list of the coolest neighborhoods in the world for 2020. Ghosttown is the informal name given to the Foster Hoover Historic District.
West Oakland Property Owners Need Skilled Stormwater Removal to Prevent Secondary Damage
Harsh weather can bring on flooding that ravages West Oakland residential properties. Any standing water can put immense pressure on the structure of your home and turn into a costly event with the potential for mold and mildew growth. You need stormwater removal, and you need it quickly so that your home can get back to pre-flood condition, which is where SERVPRO can help!
When it comes to stormwater removal in West Oakland, our team at SERVPRO works diligently to mitigate loss and get you back on your feet.
- Our water restoration technicians (WRT) work under the restore versus replace mentality, which in turn keeps your claim expenses lower.
- We have crew chiefs and project managers with the necessary experience to execute each phase of the job while keeping your insurance company informed.
- All contaminated materials are either disposed of or cleaned thoroughly using our expertise and advanced equipment. When necessary, we perform water damage repairs using controlled demolition services.
Flood restoration and stormwater removal are what we are here for at SERVPRO of West Oakland. By calling (510) 599-9300, you will have a team at your door and ready to get to work as soon as possible.